|Newsletter of Landspeed Sports Fans 070830 to newsletters index|
SOCIETY OF LANDSPEED RACING HISTORIANS Newsletter #1
This is the first newsletter for the Dry Lakes/Landspeed
1) Responsibilities: We are not asking for dues, duties or commitments other than what a member wishes to do.
We don't envision needing to raise money since we are basically an email group. The positions in the group
would consist of a President and Newsletter editor and Jim has consented to be the interim leader and I have
offered to be the temporary editor and secretary. All positions are elected by a general email vote once a
year. No positions are paid.
2) Meetings: A monthly meeting would be held at a motorsports museum around Southern California. Business
would be conducted, the name, by-laws and officers elected. It would be a loose confederation similar to the
Fabulous Fifties Un-group. Then a tour of the museum would be next. By holding a meeting in a museum we
would gain contacts and let people know of our interest in preserving the hot rodding and landspeed history.
3) Museum: A major goal of our group would be to encourage a museum or museums to take up the task of
keeping and preserving our hot rodding and landspeed history.
4) Promotion: Another goal would be to promote each other's works, whether they are textual, photographic, art
or the building or restoring of vintage racing vehicles. The newsletter is for the purpose of letting the
members present news of interest and to list upcoming events. Whatever is received by the members will be
included in the upcoming newsletters.
5) Directory: An email directory will be compiled of the names of the members, to be given out to members
only, but no email address, phone number or street address will be divulged in it without the person's consent.
Thank you for your interest.