|Dry Lakes Racing Bulletin Board Special 070901|
1) Peter Bryant has a new book, Can-Am Challenger. It's a Hardcover, 8 3/8 by 9, 384 Pages, 126 B/W+17
Color Photos, $49.95. Call 602-852-9500 or see www.bullpublishing.com.
2) Nov 1, 2007 Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen banquet. Nov 2 Night of Champions, free open house at the
museum after the drag races. Nov 3 Annual Racing Collectibles show. Nov 7 Prolong Twilight Cruise and the
opening of the SCTA 70th Anniversary Exhibit, honoring the dry lakes racers at the Wally Parks NHRA Motor-
sports Museum, Pomona, CA.
3) Speed equipment manufacturing legend, Barney Navarro passed away on August 20, 2007. (from Vic Enyart)
4) Hot rods, news, racing biographies, articles and book reviews see www.hotrodhotline.com or www.oilstick.com
5) The Society of Landspeed Racing Historians Newsletter now available. Send request to me.
6) Cruisin' For a Cure Car Show, 22 Sept 2007, Orange County Fairgrounds, Costa Mesa, CA 7am-5pm. All the
proceeds go to fight prostate cancer. Free testing for men. Contact Debbie Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
7) CRA reunion January 29, 2008 at Knotts Berry Farm Hotel, Buena Park, CA (Walt James)
8) 5th Annual Cruisin' for a Cure car show, Draper, Utah. Sept 15, 2007. See (www.utahcruisinforacure.org)
or call 801-942-0282. The proceeds go to fight prostate cancer. Free testing for men. (Dave Koehler Sr)
9) Dry Lakes Hall of Fame and Gas-Up Party, 29 Sept 2007, Mendenhall's Gas Pump Museum, Buellton, CA
10) Automobile Club of Southern California Annual California Hot Rod Reunion, Oct 12-14, 2007, Famoso, CA.
11) John Force Christmas Toys for Tots Annual Party. Dec 2, 10am-4pm, bring an unwrapped toy for entrance.
See Top NHRA drivers, Speed Freaks Radio personalities. See www.JohnForceRacing.com for details.