|Political Opinion Bulletin Board =Events 070808|
2) Geoff Hacker and Rick D'Louhy are writing a book on fiberglass cars of the '50's called Forgotten Fiberglass.
If you have photos or research materials, contact them at email@example.com. For additional details on their
4) 70th Anniversary of the SCTA at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, Pomona, CA in November.
5) Rosie Roussel and Chuck Abbott are under doctor's care. A card or letter would cheer them up.
7) Buzz Rose has 7 high quality books on oval track racing. See www.roseracingpublications.com
8) The Society of Landspeed/Dry Lakes Historians has formed. Jim Miller is acting President, Richard Parks
is acting Newsletter editor. For information contact Rnparks2@juno.com.
9) Cruisin' For a Cure Car Show, 22 Sept 2007, Orange County Fairgrounds, Costa Mesa, CA 7am-5pm. Free
prostate cancer screening, 3500 cars, 190 vendors. See www.cruisinforacure.com or call 714-803-9216.
10) Carroll Shelby to be honored at the Petersen Automotive Museum, Nov 8, 2007. (Tom McIntyre)
1) Automobile Club of Southern California Annual California Hot Rod Reunion, Oct 12-14, 2007, Famoso, CA.
2) John Force Holiday Car Show benefiting the California Highway Patrol's "CHiP's For Kids" toy drive. Sunday,
Dec 2, 10am-4pm, bring a new $10 unwrapped toy for entrance. 850 hot rods/street machines on display. Top
NHRA drivers, Speed Freaks Radio personalities. See www.JohnForceRacing.com for details. (Craig Hoelzel)
3) Dan Gurney's Eagle Racing Cars; The Technical History of the Machines Designed and Built by All
American Racers. By John Zimmermann. 11x9 inches, 210 pages. See www.bullpublishing.com
4) Skip Gacksteter, passed away September 1, 2007. At Echlin, he formed a trackside group of Field Engineers
to support Accel racing activities all over the country. Services are pending. (from Bob Falcon)
5) Barney Navarro Celebration of Life, Oct 13, 2007, 11am at H&H Flatheads, 4451 Ramsdell Avenue, La
Crescenta, CA 91214. The memorial will be outdoors and informal. (Donna Navarro)
6) Cruisin' For a Cure - September 22nd at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa from 7 am to 5 pm.
More information at www.cruisinforacure.com or 714-803-9216. (Debbie Baker)
7) "Toyota: 50 Years in America – Motorsports Milestones," at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum,
Pomona, CA. Exhibit will continue through January, 2008. (Bill Groak)
8) An Evening with Carroll Shelby, at the Petersen Automotive Museum, L.A., CA. November 8, 2007, 6PM.
Dinner, film, interviews included in the annual Racing Tribute at the Petersen. Call Trena Pitchford at 323-964-
6306 for reservations. (Tom McIntyre)