You Figure These Out?
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to
choose between three rooms. The first is full of
raging fires, the second is full of assassins with
loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that
haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him
under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs
him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together
and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use
it, and gray when you throw it away?
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using
the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,
Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how
quickly you can find out what is so unusual about
it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was
wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It
is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but
you still may not find anything odd. But if you work
at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so
without any coaching!
1. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three
years are dead.
2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture
of her husband, developed it and hung it up to dry.
4. Sure you can: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!
5. The letter "e," which is the most common letter
in the English language, does not! appear once in the