This is the 2nd Annual Boat Racers Reunion, open to all racers,
family, crew, sponsors, owners, friends, officials, fans and enthusiasts
of motorized boat racing.
- Irvine Lake, just East of the towns of Orange
and Tustin, CA
- September 22, 2001 - Time 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Pit passes are $22 for adults. $11 for
ages 5 - 11, 4yr and below is FREE.
- Lodging - No motor home hookups available at
the lake, but for $15 a night, for up to 6 people you may park your motor
home and use existing facilities on site. 4 motes - no
room for the boats and motor homes here so would have to leave them
at the lake for the night. 1] Travelodge, 1302 W. Chapman Av.
, Orange, CA 714-633-7720 $69 - 79. 12 miles west of the
lake. 2] Days Inn, 279 S. Main St., Orange, 714-771-6704
, $69 - $79, 12 miles W of lake. 3] Orange Tustin Inn, 639 S.
Tustin Av, Orange , 714-771-7460, $69 - $79, 10 miles W
of the lake. 4] Key Inn, 1611 El Camino Real, Tustin,
714-832-3220, $36 - 51. 8 miles S of the lake off the 5
Freeway. This is the only motel with pool, adjacent to
freeway, in a new building and less than a mile from the
Tustin/Irvine Market Place Shopping Mall and restaurants. This
motel has over 170 units, while all the others have 30 rooms or
- Irvine Lake is located 8 miles E of 55 Freeway, in
the town of Orange, CA. There are several easy access routes
to the lake. Those coming from the W should take the 55
Freeway to the Chapman Ave off ramp and go east. Chapman Ave
becomes Santiago Canyon Road about 4 miles east of the 55 Freeway,
just be careful to follow the signs and do not turn off on the Toll
roads. For those traveling from the S or E, take the 60, 10,
15 or 215 to the 91 Freeway and exit Toll road 241 at Yorba
Linda, head S to Santiago Canyon Rd, then E 4 miles to the
lake. For those coming N from San Diego or S Orange County on
the 5 Freeway, exit Jamboree and head 4 miles N to Santiago Canyon
Rd, then 4 miles E to the lake. All the roads are new, wide
and lightly traveled. Lake Irvine will be closed to the
general public and we will have it all to ourselves, courtesy of
Dave Noyes and Yvonne Pedersen.
- Restroom facilities and a store adjacent to the
park. Weather should be clear, air clean and temps in the
80's. Bring folding lawn chairs and pop-up tents so that you
can follow the shade.
- Please send Richard Parks: Pit Pass Names:
- Food you want: (chicken sandwiches, hamburgers and
cheeseburgers, special order-veggieburger patties. Sandwiches
come with drinks and a side order.
- Please give us name and descriptions of your boats,
so we will know what boats are coming.
- Send checks to Richard Parks, 18904 Walnut St.,
Fountain Valley, CA 92708. Phone 714-963-2409.
- Of you arrive Friday night to park your motor home
or boat trailer, do so before 9 PM as the attendant locks the gate
at that time.
- Thank you - and we look forward to seeing you at
the 2nd Annual Fun Boat Racers Reunion.
- (I've kept this a very basic page so that you may
print it for your information while driving and mailing the checks
to Richard. )
- If you have questions - you may email me but, I
probably won't know the answer but, Richard Parks will
714-963-2409. Evey Roth